Original media release from EWON (2/11/2023).
EWON is the independent dispute resolution scheme for NSW electricity and gas customers and some water customers. The Board is responsible for corporate governance, funding, and strategy.
Under EWON’s Constitution the Board consists of five Industry Directors, five Community Directors and an Independent Chair.
EWON requires Community Directors who:
- have demonstrated experience in and knowledge of consumer and/or small business interests relating to any aspect of the complaint handling service provided by EWON
- are capable of reflecting the viewpoints and concerns of consumers
- have the trust and confidence of consumers and consumer organisations
- have knowledge, skills, personal qualities, and commitment that will add value to the EWON Board
- are available to devote sufficient time to the role
- previous Board experience and Australian Institute of Company Director qualifications will be well regarded
- skills and experience in all or some of the following are desirable but not essential:
- financial accounting and reporting experience
- risk management
- legal compliance
- technology and digital
- small business interests.
EWON Is committed to serving NSW’s diverse communities and we encourage nominations from applicants with a range of backgrounds.
How to nominate
Nominations should be sent confidentially to Helen Ford, EWON Company Secretary, at email@example.com by close of business on Wednesday 22 November 2023.
Nominations should include:
- nomination/endorsement by the CEO or Board Chair of a community organisation
- a statement by the nominee addressing each of the selection criteria listed in 1-7 above
- a current resume.
Nominations will be considered by the EWON Nominations People and Culture Committee which will make recommendations for final decision by the Board. The selection process will include an interview which will be held on the morning of 12 December 2023. Nominees are asked to keep that date free.
The Board meets six times a year and has a number of sub-committees and working groups. Directors also participate in EWON’s two half-day Consumer Consultative Council meetings each year.
Appointment is for a three-year term, with the possibility of one subsequent term. Directors’ fees of $22,254 per annum plus superannuation of 11% are paid to Community Directors.
If you have any questions, please contact Helen Ford, Company Secretary by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 215 893.