Consumers groups like ACCAN and Choice have long called for an end to misleading mobile phone marketing practices. ZDNet has now joined the call with an interesting analysis of current mobile phone plans, Building and Honest Mobile Phone Plan. They nail 5 things wrong with current selling:
1. Low prices points suck people in.
2. Everything is counted in dollars, not time.
3. Included value is meaningless and dishonest.
4. Pricing is based on fear.
5. Unlimited plans could flood networks.
See the link for the details.
[quote]How many of your customers buy a $19 plan, and how many are still there at the end of their contract (or even in the second month)?[/quote]