Standards are published documents setting out specifications and procedures designed to ensure products, services and systems are safe, reliable and perform the way they were intended to. They establish the common language which defines quality and safety criteria. We all rely on an objective, rigorous set of Standards to ensure the products and systems we are using are safe and reliable. Standards Australia is the nation’s peak non-government Standards organisation.
CFA standards representatives put forward end user and public interest perspectives when Standards are being developed or reviewed.
We have recently nominated the following CFA representatives on Standards Australia committees:
- EL-034 Power Quality – Mark Henley
- CS-094 Ceramic Tableware (re-constituted committee) – Tom Bellas
- FT-032 Organic and Biodynamic Products (re-constituted committee) – John Furbank
- Mirror Committee for ISO TC 217 Cosmetics Working Group 4 Terminology (new committee) – Robyn Easton
- EL-002 Safety of Household Electrical Appliances – Allan Mulvena
Please also see related articles on Ewaste and Olive Oils standards.
Please note that we are always seeking representatives for committees that may come up in the future, so if anyone is interested to register, please contact me for further information.