Operating as a non-profit, voluntary, consumer organization, with no political affiliations, the Public Transport Users Association represents passengers from all forms of public transport. The PTUA takes the interest of all users of public transport into account when lobbying governments and public transport authorities. PTUA promotes public transport and educates the community about the benefits of sustainable transport policies through the media and working with other bodies. PTUA researches into transport policies that will improve transport services and make Melbourne and regional Victoria a better place to live.
- Lobby governments and public transport authorities in the interest of all users of public transport.
- Work with other bodies and through the media to promote public transport and educate the community about the benefits of sustainable transport policies.
- Undertake research into transport policies which will improve services and make Melbourne and regional Victoria a better place in which to live.
The PTUA is committed to:
- A sustainable economy
- A healthy ecology
- An equitable society
… where Victorians can go anywhere, anytime, using a community controlled public transport system that is convenient, efficient and safe.
PTUA will achieve this by:
- Providing leadership in research and debate
- Engaging in open dialogue with all sectors of society