Membership of the Consumers Federation of Australia is open to individuals and organisations with a consumer focus compatible with the objectives of CFA.
Organisations and individuals join CFA to signal their commitment to the consumer interest and to support CFA as Australia’s peak consumer body.
Benefits of membership
Members benefit through the advocacy undertaken by CFA on behalf of member organisations and the consumers they represent or serve. Specific benefits include:
- Promotion of members’ campaigns, services and events through CFA’s web site, e-newsletter and social media channels.
- Access to CFA chat lists, used to share information on important consumer issues while inviting collaboration with fellow advocates on campaigns.
- Invitations to CFA events, which have recently included workshops on making effective connections with policy makers.
- Strengthening of policy submissions, PR material, and your own membership recruitment efforts by making reference to membership of a peak body.
- Access to information about consumer representation opportunities.
- For voting members, the opportunity to influence CFA’s priorities and agenda by voting at the CFA AGM, nominating individuals to CFA Executive, or by joining the Executive themselves.
- Invitations to participate in the development of Australian and international standards for goods and services.
- Participation in CFA member surveys and access to an analysis of survey results.
- Listing as a member on the CFA web site.
Directory of Members
Click for an overview of our organisational members.
Contribute web site content
CFA members can contribute items to the CFA web site. Members can can upload an article directly, log on to use the WordPress interface or send details via email. Contributions are also welcome from other stakeholders including all consumer protection regulators.
Jobs with CFA Members
From time to time CFA members list job vacancies on the CFA site.