Commonwealth, State, Territory and New Zealand Ministers responsible for fair trading and consumer protection met in Melbourne on 26 October 2018.
The objective of the Legislative and Governance Forum on Consumer Affairs (CAF) is to provide the best and most consistent protection for Australian and New Zealand consumers through its consideration of consumer affairs and fair trading issues of national significance and, where possible, development of consistent approaches to those issues.
The October meeting covered the following issues:
- Paper billing
- Gift cards
- Ticket reselling
- Consumer Guarantees (Super RIS)
- General safety provision
- Third party certification of food
- Payday loans
- Debt management firms
- Palm oil labelling
- Charitable fundraising
- Car manufacturers’ sharing technical data with independent
- Strategic Agenda 2018-2022
- CAANZ progress report to CAF