The Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) is calling for nominations to be one of the five Community Directors on the EWON Board from November 2019.
EWON is the independent dispute resolution scheme for NSW electricity and gas customers and some water customers. The Board is responsible for corporate governance, funding and strategy. Under EWON’s Constitution the Board consists of five Industry Directors, five Community Directors and an Independent Chair.
EWON requires Community Directors who:
- have demonstrated experience in and knowledge about consumer and/or small business interests relating to any aspect of the complaint handling service provided by EWON
- are capable of reflecting the viewpoints and concerns of consumers
- have the trust and confidence of consumers and consumer organisations
- have knowledge, skills, personal qualities and commitment that will add value to the EWON Board
- are available to devote sufficient time to the role
- previous Board experience and Australian Institute of Company Directors qualifications will be well regarded
- skills and experience in all or some of the following are desirable but not essential:
- financial accounting and reporting
- risk management
- technology and digital
- small business interests.
How to nominate:
Nominations should be sent confidentially to Helen Ford, EWON Company Secretary, at email@example.com by close of business on Friday 2 August 2019.
Nominations should include:
- nomination/endorsement by the CEO or Board Chair of a community organisation
- a statement by the nominee addressing each of the selection criteria listed in 1-7 above
- a current resume.
- Selection process:
Nominations will be considered by the EWON Nominations Committee which will make recommendations for final decision by the Board. The selection process will include an interview which will be held on 26 August 2019. Nominees are asked to keep that date free; shortlisted candidates will be contacted in mid-August to confirm interview arrangements.