[box border=”full”]ACCAN and Telstra’s M-Enabling Australasia 2013 conference, being held on 14-15 August in Sydney, will feature a technology showcase where you’ll be able to get your hands on an array of accessible products including an indoor mapping app for the blind and the SOS Mobile Watch for the elderly.[/box]
The showcase will highlight how accessibility features, which are often left out of most websites and apps, can be easily implemented into a product and how it can change the lives of people with disability and older consumers. The showcase will span both days of the conference.
“These products are leading the way in bringing the mobile revolution to people with disability and older consumers,” said ACCAN CEO Teresa Corbin. “By making products and services accessible, we’ll be giving the millions of Australians currently missing out the same opportunities that most people simply take for granted.”
A snapshot of the showcase products:
- The SOS Mobile Watch allows carers and families to keep track of the elderly. The watch can make both incoming and outgoing calls and carers can also locate the wearer on a map.
- SIMO’s indoor mapping app allows blind users to navigate their way independently through chaotic settings like shopping centres, museums and airports.
- Silverline is bringing the mobile revolution to seniors with its refurbished second-hand smartphones that contain senior-specific apps. Apps include Connect, which presents the user’s contact list in a large visual format and the Well Being app which sets reminders for taking medicine, drinking water, and doing exercise.
- At iPlay you can get your hands on a range of Apple technologies and learn some new accessibility tricks from experts Greg Alchin and David Woodbridge.
- Jeenee Mobile is Australia’s first telco for people with disability. Jeenee’s mobiles and tablets feature apps that give users safety, security and accessibility at an affordable price.
- Tapestry is making it easy for seniors to connect with their friends and family by removing the often daunting task of signing up and managing multiple online accounts. One simple Tapestry account is all that’s required to keep up with everyone’s photos, emails and other information.