The Financial Planning Association is advertising for people with experience representing consumers for its code governing body & disciplinary panel.
Code Monitoring Australia Pty Ltd (CMA), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), has developed the FINANCIAL ADVISERS MONITORING SCHEME (FAMS) and has applied to be approved as a code monitoring scheme as outlined in ASIC Regulatory Guide 269. All applicants are encouraged to review this guide before making applications.
The role of FAMS will be to monitor the behaviour and compliance of financial advisers in Australia to the Financial Adviser Standards and Ethics Authority (FASEA) Code of Ethics.
Governing Body appointments
FPA is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified people who wish to be considered for appointment to the Governing Body that will oversee FAMS. FPA is specifically seeking people that meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A person with legal procedural experience
- A person with financial services experience that is not an authorised representative, director or responsible manager of an Australian Financial Services Licence
- A person with experience representing consumers.
Disciplinary Panel appointments
In addition, FPA is seeking suitably qualified people that may be interested in participating in the disciplinary processes of FAMS, including:
- People with legal procedural experience
- People with experience representing consumers
- Remuneration is commensurate with the importance of the role.
All applications to Paul Dickinson, Corporate Psychologist email@example.com.
Applicants are asked to include a CV and a cover letter outlining suitability and experience.
Applications close end of day 6 September 2019.