The AFTA Travel Accreditation Scheme (ATAS) is seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified people interested in serving as the Independent Chairperson to the ATAS Code Compliance Monitoring Committee (ACCMC).
ATAS is the travel industry accreditation scheme for travel intermediaries, travel agents in Australia and operates with some 3000 locations nationally.
The role of the ACCMC is to:
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the resolution of complaints referred to it under the ATAS Charter and Code;
- Monitor compliance with the ATAS Code of Conduct by reviewing incidents and reports presented to the ACCMC;
- Ensure that due process and procedural fairness is at all times afforded to participants of the scheme and complainants;
- Make and enforce findings referred to the ACCMC;
- Make recommendations as appropriate to the Board of Directors of the scheme owner, the Australian Federation of Travel Agents.
Specific skills and experience in boards of this nature, consumer facing commerce, public administration or government service would be highly regarded.
The Independent Chairperson will be appointed for a term of three (3) years.
The appointment of the Chairperson will be based on the assessment of a committee which will comprise industry and consumer representatives.
A meeting attendance based remuneration including travel and related expenses is provided with this appointment.
For more information contact Sue Whelan ACCMC Secretariat at AFTA on email@example.com or by phone at 02 9287 9900.