The Hon Bill Shorten MP, has released for public consultation draft legislation to give effect to Part 2 of Phase 2 of the National Credit Reforms.
The exposure draft Bill introduces reforms in relation to:
- Credit provided to small business;
- Credit provided for investment purposes;
- Some forms of private lending;
- Short-term and indefinite term consumer leases;
- The regulation of practices which seek to avoid the operation of the national credit law.
Closing date for submissions: Friday, 15 February 2013
* NATIONAL CONSUMER CREDIT PROTECTION AMENDMENT (CREDIT REFORM PHASE 2) BILL 2012