The Consumers’ Federation of Australia is seeking an experienced consumer representative to represent the CFA on the NDIS Commission Disability Sector Committee (the Committee).
The NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission is an independent Australian government body established to improve and provide a nationally consistent approach to quality and safeguards in the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The Committee provides high-level evidence-based advice to the Commissioner on national issues which influence the delivery of quality and safe NDIS supports and services.
The consumer representative member’s role is to consult within the CFA membership as well as their networks and provide feedback to the Committee. The Committee brings together other key stakeholders from the disability sector to provide advice on:
- matters that impact or have the potential to impact on system level interventions;
- issues raised by other key stakeholders;
- emerging and complex issues relevant to quality and safeguards in the NDIS market which may impact on the NDIS Commission as a regulatory authority;
- aspects of continuous improvement and the NDIS Commission’s operation as a regulator of quality and safe supports and services.
The Committee will meet three times per year, with the next meeting being in October 2020.
Members of committees are eligible for sitting fees if they meet the following two requirements:
1. They are not employees of federal, state or territory governments; and
2. They do not receive a salary from their usual place of employment while participating in committee business.
How to apply
The successful applicant will be selected by a nominations committee according to the CFA Policy on Consumer Representation.
As this is a CFA representative role, the successful candidate must sign the CFA Representatives Agreement.
Please send expressions of interest to Hannah Lind at email@example.com and include a CV and a short statement outlining why you would like to represent CFA on the Committee.
A copy of the Committee Terms of Reference is available here.
Applications COB Thursday 6th August 2020.