Review of Model Defamation Provisions
Led by the NSW Department of Justice, the Defamation Working Party is inviting feedback on the Model Defamation Provisions to look at whether the existing laws are meeting their objectives. This is in response to the rise of online publications and technological changes since the provisions were developed.
While each state and territory is responsible for their own defamation laws, a national approach to reform is essential to keep up to date with the digital age where online publications cross state boundaries.
Your feedback will help to improve and modernise a nationally consistent defamation law.
There are two ways you can provide your feedback:
- Mail: Review of Model Defamation Provisions
C/o Justice Strategy and Policy Division
NSW Department of Justice
GPO Box 31
Sydney NSW 2001
- Email: email@example.com
Submissions close 30 April 2019.
- Email: Justice Strategy and Policy Division
- Phone: (02) 8346 1214
- Agency Website(external link)
- Consultation Website
Measurement Law Review
The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science has commenced public consultation on the second set of discussion papers for the Measurement Law Review (the Review).
The issues examined in the three new discussion papers include:
- What measurements should apply when buying particular goods or services (Measurement-Based Transactions)
- How we can safeguard confidence in the measuring instruments used to price those goods and services (Measuring Instruments)
- How to ensure our measurements are consistent with international standards (Traceable Measurements).
You are invited to review and respond to the papers on the department’s consultation hub.
Two further discussion papers – Third-Party Arrangements and Compliance Arrangements – will be released later in the year.
If you have any questions regarding the review, please call 1300 686 664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultation closes on Friday 31 May 2019.