The International Consumer Product Health and Safety Organization (ICPHSO) announced today at its Annual Meeting and Training Symposium being held in Washington, D.C., the election of a number of distinguished product health and safety professionals from around the world to its board.
The Consumers’ Federation of Australia is proud to have as our representative to this important international consumer protection body Ms Ruth Mackay, product safety consultant and individual member of the CFA.
Elected to the Board of Directors to serve an initial three-year term are the following:
- Renee Chiang, Technical Manager, Gap Inc., San Francisco, California
- Matthew R. Howsare, Of Counsel, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky & Popeo PC, Washington, D.C.
- Ruth Mackay, Principal, Ruth Mackay & Associates, representing Consumers Federation of Australia, Canberra, Australia
- Anne Stone, Director, Public Affairs, Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), Irving, Texas
- Belinda May, Partner, Dentons US LLP, St. Louis, Missouri, and current board member was elected to ICPHSO’s Executive Committee as a Vice President of the organization.
The Executive Committee is comprised of the officers of the Board and is as follows for 2016-17:
- President: Nancy Cowles, Executive Director, Kids in Danger ? President Elect and 2017 Symposium Planning Chair:
- Rick Brenner, President, Logical Advisors
The ICPHSO board determines basic policies, sets goals and objectives, elects officers and approves the budget in accordance with the bylaws of the organization.
ICPHSO, founded in 1993 is the only organization which attracts a global membership of health and safety professionals and meets annually to exchange ideas, share information, and address health and safety concerns affecting all consumers. ICPHSO members represent U.S. and global government agencies, manufacturers, importers, retailers, trade associations, certification/testing laboratories, law firms, academia, standards writing organizations, media and consumer advocacy groups. More information is available on ICPHSO’s newly enhanced website at: www.icphso.org.