Consumers’ Federation of Australia is now seeking nominations for a consumer representative on the Life Code Compliance Committee (‘Life CCC’).
The Life CCC is responsible for the independent administration and enforcement of the Life Insurance Code of Practice, as prescribed by the Financial Services Council. The Code represents the life insurance industry’s commitment to mandatory customer service standards, with an emphasis on high quality service, consistency and professional responsibility.
The Life CCC, in accordance with its Charter, is empowered to monitor compliance, investigate breaches, and provide recommendations on the initiatives necessary for the maintenance of the Code.
The appointment will be made by consumer directors of the Financial Ombudsman Service. The successful applicant will be required to comply with FOS policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of the representative include:
- Attendance at meetings in Melbourne and Sydney via teleconference, with possible interstate travel (with reasonable expenses reimbursed);
- Reading and preparation of materials related to Committee operations;
- Performance of other duties that may be requested by the Chair.
In accordance with its consumer representative policy, CFA also encourages consumer representatives to:
- Consult with CFA members and consumer organisations as appropriate;
- Report back to CFA members and consumer organisations on relevant issues; and
- Participate in processes designed to strengthen the consumer voice.
The remuneration for the role will be approximately $30,000 per annum (indicative only).
Applicants are to send a CV and supporting statement to CFA by 11 May 2017. Applications can be sent to email@example.com.