CCLC is a not for profit community organisation that provides legal services and referral for the benefit of members of the community experiencing disadvantage. CCLC is one of more than 200 community legal centres nationwide.
The objectives of the CCLC are:
- to provide free and accessible legal services
- to promote legal and social change to remove injustice and inequality
- to provide community legal education programs
- to encourage community participation in the provision of community legal centre services
- to develop and support self-help strategies and alternate methods of dispute resolution
- to encourage development of a multi-disciplinary approach to the solution of client’s problems
for the benefit of those socially or financially disadvantaged members of the community which it serves.