The Consumers’ Federation of Australia is the peak body for consumer organisations in Australia. CFA represents a diverse range of consumer organisations, including most major national consumer organisations.
CFA advocates in the interests of Australian consumers. CFA promotes and supports members’ campaigns and events, nominates and supports consumer representatives to industry and government processes, develops policy on important consumer issues and facilitates consumer participation in the development of Australian and international standards for goods and services. More information about each of these activities can be found on this site.
CFA is a full member of Consumers International, the international peak body for the world’s consumer organisations.
The objectives of the Consumers Federation of Australia are:
To promote the interests of consumers, in particular low income and disadvantaged consumers, through:
- Identifying areas in which the interests of consumers are being adversely affected;
- Advocating policy and law reform changes to benefit consumers;
- Conducting consumer awareness and information programs;
- Liaising with other consumer and community groups to advance the interest of consumers;
- Facilitating consumer responses to government, industry and regulators where specific funding or resources are available; and
- Doing other things to further the interests of consumers
CFA is an incorporated association in the ACT.